Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Trip to Nauvoo

We had a great time on our mini vacation/business trip. Scott had a regional meeting in Branson, Missouri and we decided to do some church history sites on the way home. We took our friends with us. We saw a lot of how life was when Joseph Smith was restoring the Gospel. We lerned how shoes were made, how the post office worked, how bricks were made, the way children lived, what women did, how to cook what to eat and lots more.

We visited Carthage jail and had great sisters doing our tour. We then saw them the next day at one of the other sitesin Nauvoo. We saw as much as we could but didn't see it all. We saw Joseph Smiths home the Nauvoo Mansion house. KC and Joshlynn were excited to touch the banister that Joseph Smith touched. We crossed the same water they did and we did it by ferry. We touched the Mississppi River.

There was so much to see and do. We toured most of it on Sunday and missed a few demonstrations and samples because they rest on Sunday. We got enough to make us happy.

The Temple was beautiful. We didn't make it at a time that it was open but I am sure the inside is as beautiful and as peaceful as the outside.

I hope to have the chance to visit again and hope that everyone gets a the opportunity to go there.

I am grateful for the knowledge I have of the plan our Father in Heaven has created for us. I am grateful for the men that worked so hard and belived in the things that Jospeh Smith was given and the women that suppoerted thier husbands in the great works that they did to restore the gospel for us. I love the life that I have and the people that I share it with.

Thanks for all the love and support from our family and friends.

Love Lots Nette

http://www.lds.org

1 comment:

Bradford Bunch said...

I was so excited to check your blog and see all the fun stuff. Mom said that you were back and I could not wait to see what you guys did. Looks like a lot of fun and good memories were had. Your family pics look great. Everyone looks happy and looks like all is well. I am so stoked you blog, and figured out slide.com, check out photobucket tooo, you can do movies.

Blog Archive